Requirements for submission of articles and reviews
- The articles submitted have not been previously published.
- Articles and reviews should be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The volume of the manuscript:
— articles (without abstract, keywords, and transliterations) should not exceed 20,000 characters including spaces. In some cases, articles up to 40,000 characters are accepted,
— reviews should be 15,000—20,000 characters including spaces,
— reports, letters, and literature reviews should not exceed 20,000 characters including spaces.
- The metadata of the article includes a title, abstract, 5—6 keywords in Russian and English. They will contribute to the indexing of the article in search engines.
Following the international requirements, the abstract should include 150—200 words. The abstract should feature a summary of the article and the results of the research. The content of the abstract, keywords should match in both Russian and English.
- The sources in Russian mentioned in the list of references should be given in transliteration. For transliterating, the site www.translit.ru may be used.
- The author’s details should include the author’s name, degree, title, and post, affiliation, research interests, e-mail address, and phone number. Submitted following Annex 1.
- The review should feature:
— the title of the article in English
— the reviewer’s details (as mentioned above)
- The articles submitted by postgraduate and doctoral students should be accompanied by a review by the research advisor, a report of the system “Antiplagiat VUZ” (the original text should be not less than 87%), and a cover letter.
The pre-publication procedure includes:
- — verification of the manuscript for scientific and technical compliance
- — blind peer review
- — signing a bilateral agreement if the article is accepted for publication
- — notification about the terms of the article publication, as well as proofreading, formatting, among others, if necessary.
Guideline for the authors 
Please submit your manuscript as a Microsoft Office Word document (*.doc, *.docx, and *.rtf formats).
Articles and reviews should meet the following formatting requirements: font —14 pt Times New Roman, line spacing — 1.5, and spaces —1.25 cm. The text should be justified. The page number should be specified in the bottom center.
The author’s name, affiliation, and e-mail address should be specified at the beginning of the article, right-aligned (the title of the affiliation should be specified completely). The title of the affiliation should be followed by the address: a city and a country. If the article is written by several authors, the details of all should be specified. Authors and their affiliated institutions should be linked by superscript numbers.
The title of the article should be specified in the center of the page, with the 14 pt font size.
The abstract, keywords, list of references, and transliteration — 12 pt font size and 1 line spacing.
Within the body of the article, references should be provided in Arabic numerals enclosed in square brackets. E.g. [1, p. 108]
Kindly refrain from using underlining in your document (italic and bold formatting is acceptable). The journal editorial board prefers to receive a manuscript as a single complete file with all figures, tables, and any additional supplemental materials.
Footnotes should be given in page-by-page links and numbered continuously.
The last name should be specified after the initials (e.g., J. Smith). The initials and last name should be separated by one space, the initials should not be separated. (e.g., J.J. Smith)
Gaps in citations and clarifications should be mentioned in square brackets. E.g., «градация способов, […] условий», «зона развития [в терминологии Л.С. Выготского] обусловлена».
If the cited text originally features italics, spaced-out printing, bold text, or their combination, no comment is required. If highlighting is provided by the author, it should be mentioned in round brackets (e.g. Italics added — J. Smith).
List of references: Sources should be numbered and mentioned on a separate line. The numbering of sources in the list of references should match the references in the body of the article. The references should be provided in Arabic numerals. The sources in the list of references should be listed in alphabetical order. Only published materials are allowed.
See below some examples of formatting various types of sources.
Tables, figures, abbreviations
Requirements for tables: tables should be given in the text of the article, have a title, and be legible. The data in the tables must match the numbers in the text.
The title of each table should be specified in Russian and English.
Figures: Each figure should be justified by the content of the article. References to the figures in the text are required. The title of each figure should be specified below the figure in Russian and English. Figures should be given in the text (text must not wrap the figure) and submitted as separate files (in the *.png, *.gif, *.tiff, *.jpg, and other formats). File names: e.g. Smith_fig5.png
Charts, graphs, and schemes should be made in Microsoft Office Excel in the *.xlsx or *.xls formats. These made in Microsoft Office Word are also allowed.
Figures should be of high quality and not require further editing, including resizing. Figures should be proportionate to the text. Figures, writings, and comments should be justified. Otherwise, footnotes may be used.
Charts, graphs, and schemes may be provided as colored if only any information or element is missing when in monochrome (e.g., printed).
Figures are all types of images. The title of the figure is specified below the figure with a full stop at the end, and notes following. (e.g., Fig. 1. Name of the figure.)
Abbreviations: abbreviations and symbols should be explained in the notes to the tables and the names of the figures.
Contacts of the author(s) should be specified.
The contacts include:
— the author’s degree, title, and post; the complete title of the affiliation;
— the postal address of the affiliation (including zip code and country), the e-mail address, the phone number of the affiliation (including area code), and mobile phone number (for personal communication only)
— ORCID (more details here: http://orcid.org/), eLibrary SPIN-code (more details here: http://elibrary.ru/projects/science_index/author_tutorial.asp)
- Conflict of interest. Authors are obliged to reveal any potential and/or actual conflicts of interest related to the manuscript. These include financial affairs with third parties and the interest of third parties in promoting research papers.
- The funding sources should be specified.
- Acknowledgments are accepted.
- The contribution of all the authors may be specified.
The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter (or separate letters) signed by all the authors of the article.
Rules for the preparation of the articles
Authors are obliged to accept all the following rules, otherwise, the manuscript may be returned.
- The article must be published neither partially nor completely in other sources. The article must not be considered for publication in other sources.
- If the article has been previously submitted for publication, the author is obliged to notify the editorial board.
- Formatting: the formatting of the article should comply with the requirements.
- All the supporting documents should be submitted.
 These guidelines are prepared in accordance with COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) guidelines, ORI (the Office of Research Integrity), CSE (Council of Science Editors) and EASE (European Association of Science Editors) guidelines.